This theme encompasses research, policy and programs orientated towards activities where drowning and other areas of water safety is a consideration. This theme might include papers that:
- Address recreational boating safety, including Government, industry and NGO approaches to lifejacket policies, licensing, and safety campaigning.
- Address maritime safety systems, including Government, industry and NGO approaches to safety standards, coastguard and marine rescue and response.
- Address safety in the context of recreational watercraft including SUP safety, kayak and canoeing.
- Address the management of safety in the context of scuba diving and snorkelling.
- Address surfing safety including role in bystander rescue, and injury management.
- Address approaches to reducing drowning in rock fishers, including policy, enforcement, and education.
- Address occupational fishing across a range of settings including small scale fisheries, and aquaculture industries.