This theme addresses disaster and climate change and encompasses papers that:
- Align drowning prevention to disaster management plans, strategies for climate change adaptation, and Disaster Risk Reduction agendas including the Sendai Framework.
- Explore systematic approaches to assessing flooding risk and impact
- Present strategies to build agency and community capacity to respond during flood emergencies
- Outline best practice in systems and techniques of swift water rescue
- Explore preparedness against flood or coastal inundation impact (early warning systems, country/ regional warnings)
- Impact of extreme weather on drowning and drowning prevention
- Address community-based preparedness and resilience